Monday, February 25, 2008

We love each other more and more with every Family Night


It was family night at the Kellogg house. We are making it a goal to go and DO SOMETHING fun as a family at least once a week. So, I have dutifully compiled a list of places and events that are free or super cheap that we can try. Tonight's family activity.....THE MONTE L. BEAN LIFE SCIENCE MUSEUM! Yeah! (For those who don't know that is code for lots of dead stuffed animals). Dallin is obsessed with the movie Night at the Museum and also lions from The Lion King so we thought he would enjoy it,
and he DID (or at least all the lion or lion type animals). "Mommy look it's King!' "Lion is cool!" "Kind says Raaarrr" "I pat it" (no Dallin, you can't pat it, sorry). "I hug it" (No Dallin, no loveys either) "Look look, it's King. Raarrr" He probably would have been content to just sit on the little bench in front of the Liger the whole time, but we drug him around the museum anyways...fortunately there were lion like animals all about which would temporarily stop his screaming at being removed from his perch in front of the Liger exhibit. Plus they have a live animal show every night. Tonight was reptile night. (Oh goody!...but Dallin thinks they are dinosaurs so I tried real hard not to swear and removed myself from the situation as fast as I could when the guy started bringing the snake around) The live animal show was interesting, but way too slow paced for a toddler. Too much talking, not enough petting. Dallin had 1 time out during the show. He sat long enough to pat the snake (almost squeezed the poor thing) and then we took mercy on him (it had already been like 20 minutes of talking and only 1 time petting--Dallin kept yelling "I hold it! I pat it!"). I think it would work if you just let your toddler look at the exhibits and come pet when it was time to pet, but otherwise...no kid is going to sit there for that at 2. It was still a fun adventure though.
Afterwards we went to McDonalds and I finally took the kids' pictures with Ronald.


Dallin always sits with him, pats him, hugs him, talks to him whenever we go and I never have my camera. So here it is. Dallin with his look alike double. Hmmm...which one is the bigger clown? LOL Even Kate got a turn. She seemed so surprised! Overall, it was a fun night and we are looking forward to going out again and trying something new!
KATE THE GREAT UPDATE: Kate is growing so very quickly. Here she is looking so big and cute with her lil hair clippie (that STAYED IN!) She claps (loves "If You're Happy and You Know It". She has 4 top teeth and 1 bottom one (yeah!) that she uses (OUCH!) She will babble and make little noises all the time just to hear herself. She "talks" so seriously to you. She can actually say "Mama" and says it all the time. She loves to tag along with Dallin and pester him. She is very happy and sweet and starting to stand more and more on her own. She is getting pretty confident and I think she will be walking within the month. She is also VERY emotional. If I so much as have an upset tone with her, she will pull a pouty frown and bawl (oh the perils of having a girl) Next week we will have back professional pictures and hopefully a checkup report.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Wow, looks like you guys had a fun outing. Kate looks soo cute with the little bow in her hair!