Monday, March 24, 2008

Midnight Snack


This actually happened on Easter at bedtime, but it was so funny that I thought it deserved its own post.
Lately, Dallin has insisted on having the light on when he goes to bed. He actually "reads" for about an hour and then goes to sleep. I am not sure if this is very good or very bad. He flips through his books and sometimes "tells the stories" the way he remembers them. Either way it is very cute.
Sometimes he gets bored and climbs into Kate's crib and jumps or talks to her or wakes her up in an unkind way. So after all of the Easter festivities, we put the kiddos to bed and left the light on. Kate was asleep, but a little while later, we heard Dallin talking with her. We usually give him some time to see if he will go back to bed on his own without us going in and putting him back in bed. So we waited for a while and then the giggling started. Lots and lots of laughing, talking, and giggling coming from the kids' room. Finally at 9:30 we decided we needed to re-tuck our children. Christopher went in and then he yelled for me to come and see. I walked in and perhaps I should have been mad, but what I saw was so funny and cute that I started laughing, then I grabbed the camera and took a picture.
Dallin had snuck a box of his Easter animal crackers into his room and he climbed into Kate's bed, opened the box, and they were having a late night snack--giggling and chatting. It really was precious (even if it was a little naughty). Dallin did not have to share the cookies. Kate can not get out of the bed, but I was actually touched that he climbed in and shared with her and they were having such a good "bonding" time together. Perhaps we should have been angry. Perhaps they should have been punished, but instead we shut the door and let them have their moment. It really made my day, and I hope that they are always close(although perhaps a bit less sneaky! LOL)

1 comment:

Tammy said...

hahaha! thats sooo cute!!!!!!