Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thanksgiving Day


Ok so I know this post is a bit late, but I had to post it quickly because the Christmas posts are starting to come (so you may want to check back daily for a bit).
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving day. It is hard to believe it was only about a week or so ago. We went over to my parents' home and had a DELICIOUS turkey dinner. Everything was cooked to perfection. It was amazing. I loved the smells and the tastes, and the laying about afterwards with family(and the going out almost in the middle of the night for the sales the next day wondering if you were crazy and the deal was really worth it...LOL...good times good times...love ya mom).
The kids were really cute this year. It is so much fun watching them experience things for the first time and develop their own sense of self. Dallin ADORED the stuffing. My mom actually made extra because she knows how much he likes it. I think he must have had about 10 helpings (I am NOT exaggerating here). Kate has discovered the joy that is cranberry sauce from a can (that's my girl!). I think she ate at least half a can all by herself. I really had to fight her for it. LOL We all told what we thankful for. Most of the adults were thankful for family, friends, and jobs during this uncertain time, but I think my favorite was the kids' answers.
WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?
Dallin: Is it my turn? Is it my turn? Oh ok! I'm thankful for the potty!!!
(I am too!!!)
Kate: ME!!!
(no self esteem issues here! lol)

I feel blessed to have such a good husband who is also a wonderful father, and I am truly amazed that the Lord has sent 2 such special blessings into my life, my children Dallin and Kate. I am grateful to live near my family and I am LOVING every minute of it. I am thankful for the church and the gospel, but especially for my growing testimony and the love of Jesus Christ. I am blessed that we live in this wonderful country in a beautiful home with enough food to eat and a job for my husband. I pray that we may all continue to remember how blessed we are and to feel grateful through the coming year.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

aww nice answer Dallin! Potty's are great! looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

DLonna said...

I need to meet your little girl. She sounds like so much fun! Cute family, Val! It sounds like Thanksgiving was a hit for you this year.