Thursday, May 28, 2009

I Often Go Walking

For Mother's Day, Dallin appeared in his big debut. Since he entered primary, he has desparately wanted to do anything involving talking in a microphone or singing in front of people (he thought the primary program was AWESOME!) So...for Mother's Day, the primary children sang "I Often Go Walking" during Sacrament. We practiced the first verse at home for weeks and Dallin was so excited and proud. He invited everyone to come and watch him. Nana, Papa, and Uncle Michael were there with us when he performed. He went right up, wriggled his way to the front and sang beautifully. He looked a little lost on the second verse (didn't practice that one), but he was still singing. I was waving like an idiot and could barely stay in my chair. I think I was way worse my first time out of the chutes than he was. The best part was that Kate was the biggest groupie ever! At home when we would practice, we would reach the end of the song and we would clap and say "yay!" Well, when the primary kids finished the first verse, Kate started jumping up and down and yelling "Yay! Yay! Good job!" This was repeated after the second verse. I thought it was pretty funny. She was WAY proud of her big brother (who got lots of hugs from everyone when it was over). I was a proud mom! He did such a good job. Here is a video of him singing at home before we left. I put the words to the song at the bottom since he is not 100% clear.



I often go walking
In meadows of clover,
And I gather armfuls
Of blossoms of blue.
I gather the blossoms
The whole meadow over.
Dear mother, all flowers
Remind me of you.

Oh mother, I give you
My love with each flower
To bring forth, sweet fragrance
A whole lifetime through.
For if I love blossoms and meadows and walking
I learned how to love them
Dear mother, from you.

1 comment:

Nathan and Shannon said...

He's so cute! I love his adorable smile when he finished. That's so fun!