
I decided to do the series of Halloween posts before continuing to backtrack. So....here it is! Our first Halloween event of the season was going to Trunk or Treat with Aunt Tammy, Uncle Willie, Nana and Maddie. It was Will and Tammy's ward on October 23. Since we were currently wardless (that is a WHOLE different post) we attended with them so the kids wouldn't miss out. It was a blast! Her ward went ALL OUT!! They had TONS of "Bible themed" carnival games for the kids and even a popcorn machine to keep everyone happy and busy in the gym while the folks set up their cars. I think almost everyone was wearing a costume and some of them were pretty cool.
This year my kids decided to be black Spiderman and a Princess. It was no big mystery. At our house, we dress up all year round and these costumes from Grandpa and Grandma my children have practically LIVED in. It took some convincing, but Dallin eventually understood that he could not wear his mask at the church party. He was consoled with visions of candy! LOL


The first thing he headed for inside was Adam and Eve apple bob. Yes, he bobbed for apples. Yes, I was concerned about the germ factor. Fortunately, my children were like the 3rd and 4th kids to do it. Hopefully that makes a difference. Anyways, it took a couple of dunks, but Dallin actually GOT ONE! His costume was all wet down the front, but he was sooo proud of himself and IMMEDIATELY started chomping away on his "prize". "Adam" tried to give him the real prize he had one, but Dallin just wanted the apple. LOL That's my boy! About halfway through he got bored of eating it and wanted to put it in his basket. I threw it away when we got home, but 3 days later he asked for his apple...lol. I had to explain it was yucky. Kate tried the apple bobbing too, but she simply walked up to the bucket and took an apple out. No messy water and nasty germs for her! Then when "Adam" held out his prize bucket, she was confused and put the apple inside it and walked off. The concept of getting a prize for playing the game was completely lost on her. It was very cute!
They also had a David slaying Goliath game. The kids got to throw little bean bags and try to hit Goliath in the forehead. Dallin did pretty good. Mostly he hit Goliath in the crotch (which I think would do MORE damage than the forehead..lol) . I think he got the chest once. He would really wind up and chuck it though. So funny. Kate wanted to try, but the lady running the booth must have thought she looked too little because she just held out the prize bucket to her instead of giving her a beanbag.....soooo....Kate took the little prize, threw it at Goliath, and walked away very pleased with herself. I couldn't help but laugh a little.

They also quite enjoyed the "tithing toss" game where you tossed a little coin into a cup. Dallin did pretty well with the concept. He didn't actually make it in the cup, but he came close. Kate threw it once and when she didn't make it, she scooted closer to the cup and tried again. Upon missing a second time, she got her nose down by the cup and dropped the coin in. She jumped up and said "I did it, Mommy!" Oh, my princess! Yes, you did! The lady handed her the chocolate coin to keep as a prize.....and Kate threw it back in the cup. She looked completely bewildered when the lady gave it back to her and said she could keep it. LOL Where is the fun in that?


The kids ate popcorn and did the cakewalk and had an all around awesome time. Finally, it was time to trunk or treat at all of the car trunks. This ward went ALL OUT. They had some AMAZING trunks there. One was Indiana Jones themed. They had an Elmo one (complete with video). I almost couldn't pry Kate away from watching the movie there! All of the people had coordinating costumes with their cars too. The best one though was about 3 cars that went for a 50's theme. They all had sweet 50's costumes and had it set up like a party. They were handing out theatre box candy, light up/sound making swords (which the children prompty hit each other with and got them confiscated), and even glass bottle coke. I think I would have been even more in awe and into it if I hadn't been so worried about losing one of my children (one of whom was in a BLACK spiderman costume) in the VERY dark parking lot.
The kids had quite a haul and pigged out on candy while Christopher and I were ill over the next few days....lol...yep, they totally took advantage and we were too sick to care. I can't wait to go back and crash their trunk or treat again next year! Sweet!


4 comments:
yep! That is the best Trunk O Treat I have EVER attended! I've never heard of giving out dollar treats at a church party before but it WAS amazing! So much time and effort had to have gone into this one. The trunks were also ALL mega decorated! Wow! Very impressive!
Yep, my ward is awesome! :) It was so much fun! Glad you guys came!
Love Dallin's muscular suit! Trunk or Treats are so much fun.
Hey! Cute blog! We're glad you're not wardless anymore and that we got to have you in ours. :-) Lauree
Post a Comment