Boy was I ever W..R..O..N..G.
Right when we got there, the clouds cleared up and the sun was out and HOT. We had such a great time we ended up staying for 3 hours! I thought the kids looked a little pink, but I didn't think they were severely burnt or anything. I got them home and rubbed aloe all over the burnt parts. They were a little crispy, but I wasn't yet too worried.Then later...it happened. I looked over at Dallin and realized he had a giant blister on top of his ear.
The picture is blurry but it was really big and looked liked melted plastic or cheese. I almost screamed. It was pretty nasty looking and TALL! I checked and found one on the other ear too. I found out what to do and set about treating them. I was pretty freaked. Kate kept complaining about her sunburn, but hers didn't LOOK as bad so I kind of told her to suck it up.
Getting ready for bed, I felt terrible when I discovered GIANT blisters on both of her tiny shoulders. 
Both kids ended up with mild heat exhaustion and had the runs for several days.Can we say major mommmy guilt? I felt so terrible. Really really really bad. I treated both kids 4 times a day and had them stay in the house and naked and as still as possible for 2 days. Then we stayed inside for about a week after that. Kate ended up popping her blisters the second day by jumping on my bed....hmmmm. They really enjoyed the "sick days" and being pampered. We ended up with no scarring and no infections and I definitely learned a lesson. I will never EVER do that again. My poor little crispy critters! Sorry guys!


No comments:
Post a Comment