Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Close Shave


Here it is...a testament to my truly amazing mothering skills.
Before you are horrified and calling the authorities, let me assure you this actually looks MUCH worse than it is. In actuality, it is 2 very small cuts/nicks on his upper lip, one on his lower lip and one on his finger. And yes, I did check to make sure he was ok BEFORE I snapped this picture.
Now the story behind the gore. I was upstairs being lazy and watching Kate crawl about. I realized I hadn't heard Dallin in a while and quiet=trouble so I called for him. When he didn't respond right I away, I started to saunter down the stairs. When he heard this he came bolting up the stairs and I soon came face to face with my son covered in blood. "I beeding, Mommy." At first I was freaked out wondering what he had done and how bad it was. After I dabbed off the blood with a wet rag to see the real damage, I realized it was several small nicks on his face and one on his thumb. By the type of cuts and the evidence left on the bathroom counter it didn't take long to realize that Dallin had indeed given himself his first shave. So, I grabbed a camera and took a picture. Ahhh yes, that shave made a face that WAS smoother than a baby's behind into a slightly swollen and reddish one. Hmmmm...I was very glad that is wasn't worse and have vowed to keep a much closer watch. We were going to do pictures this week...but maybe we'll wait. LOL
OTHER CUTE STUFF:
Dallin points out every Hogi Yogi we pass and says "There's Mommy's wok Hogi Hogi" It is so cute! He also does front rolls all over the living room and has started singing the song I sing to him whenever he washes his hands. (To the tune of Row Row Row Your Boat) "Wash Wash Wash your hands. Wash them every day. Rub your hands together and germs go down the drain" His version goes like this "Wash wash wash hands wash wash day rub hands hands wash hands" He is so proud of himself. We have also started using a little reward chart that is a truck he can put stickers in for good behavior and earn a prize or some TV time. He gets really excited and is always asking to "fill my twuck" He is absolutely adorable.
Katie Bug took her first step today! She stood up, balanced, took one step, and sat down on her butt. I was so excited I called Christopher then my mom and then my mother in law to tell them all. Kate ate up all the attention and looked like the cat that ate the canary. Then she did the exact same thing about 4 more times looking more and more pleased with herself. I think by her first birthday she will be a walkin fool. I am so happy that she FINALLY took the chance and did it, but it was a little sad for me too. She has been such a fun baby and it was like her last step out of babyhood and first one into toddler hood. Here we go! She is starting to talk a lot more too. She can say "Mama", "Dada", "Elmo", "Ball", "Bubble", "Baby" and the ever popular "Mine" (I guess this is necessary with an older brother) She repeats everything so I really have to watch what I say. We are really looking forward to her first birthday. What a sweetie!

2 comments:

csharpfamily said...

When Nana got the call, she told every one that would hold still a second that Kate had taken her first step. So now the neighbor across the street, Kate's Great-Grandma Faye and her Aunt Nancy all know what a smart girl she is. Way to go Dallin! First shave! You're growing up so fast!

Tammy said...

Wahoo for Kate! Also, she is an amazing dancer too! lol Nobody moves like she did at Bajios last night. Dallin.. I'm sorry you had to learn a lesson the hard way. At-least now you know shaving isn't so great, your lucky you don't have to yet.