Monday, April 28, 2008

Moments I Treasure



I have many events to write about from the weekend...it was craziness incarnate, but tonight I am feeling reflective and wanted to write about some of the little things my kids do before I forget them. I read a quote the other day that really rung true to me
"Enjoy the little moments. One day you will look back and realize that they were the big moments." In that spirit, I share the following:
1. Today Dallin kissed my boo-boo and looked at me so hopeful that I had to fib a little and tell him that my newly sprained wrist felt much better.
2. Kate is trying to walk but her right foot keeps turning in so it looks like it is attacking her left foot as she tries to walk around...LOL(I DO plan on asking the doctor about this next week, but right now since I am in a state of blissful ignorance and can't do anything about it....it looks pretty funny)
3. Dallin grabbed the portable DVD player and wanted to go sit on the potty so he could watch a movie (this one is way funnier in person)
4. Kate fell asleep in my arms today and I held her tiny body and stroked her hair and kissed her face. She looked like an angel.
5. Dallin stole Kate's phone she got for her birthday and carried it around in "his purse" (every mother's dream). Later he keeps telling us he can't find baby's phone. Later still Papa (in SLC on business) calls....it was in his briefcase and all of his business associates were quite amused when he pulled out his purple Disney Princess phone in the fuzzy bejeweled carrying case. LOL Thanks Scott and Annie :) and especially thanks to Dallin! I have laughed all day over that.
6. Dallin keeps insisting that his shirt is a "dress" "Stop touching my dwess!' "I want to wocket dwess" "Baby pulled my dwess" "My dwess is a mess". I correct him every time (again...every mother's dream...LOL)
7. Papa was over last night and Dallin comes upstairs from his bath in a towel. Papa asks him "Are you squeaky clean?" Dallin whips off the towel, throws his arms out, and in all his nudie glory yells "TA DA!" Oh Dallin, my love, someday you will be so embarrassed.
8. Kate (the ever constipated) pushed for a half hour and got nothing tonight. I got her undressed for her bath and tried to help her...still nothing. As soon as I turned my attention to Dallin...she laid what looked like a big ol' poo egg on my carpet! YOWZA! Seriously, that thing was WAY too big and round to come out of someone so small. I don't know whether I was more disgusted or amazed.
9. Kate talks to everyone...intently. She goes on and on and on in this serious tone. Oh...and she talks with her arms, waving them about for emphasis. LOL, what a girl!
10. Dallin hugged me tight at bedtime tonight and asked for "one more kiss mom" after I had already given him 2. Then I tucked in Mickey on one side and Minnie on the other and wished him a good night. Someday all too soon, I will miss this terribly.
11. Mickey and Minnie have begun joining us for snacks and meals. One day Dallin just sat them each up in a chair at the table because they were "hungry" and wanted "cheese sandwiches". So I made teeny tiny bite sized cheese sandwiches (one for Minnie, one for Mickey one for Dallin one for Kate and extras in the middle) Sometimes they also have a veggie stick or something. Nevermind that Dallin would never eat these items before. Now, he eats them like they are going out of style. Is it the tiny portions? Is it that is what Minnie and Mickey "like" so it must be good? Who knows, but it is adorable watching him tend to their every need.
12. Kate took a trip to the park today. Touched the dirt with her feet (through her sandals) and started to cry. Oh so girly. Grass was questionable.
There are more I am sure I am forgetting...too many beautiful little moments to even remember. How blessed I am every day to have little glimpses of heaven.

2 comments:

csharpfamily said...

Yep! Those mommy moments are the best! Dad actually called me and told me about the "baby phone". He laughed and laughed.

Tammy said...

That phone story is pretty funny. And I don't know what to tell you about Kate's mystery poo. I like the picture of Dallin at the top trapped in the toy. hehehe