Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!


29 For the First Time!
Well, I am 29 for the first time. Since it is the last year of my roarin' 20s I better live it up. I have had a super fun birthday. My mom took me, Tammy, Kate, and Maddie out on a girls' day out to JC Penney Labor Day clearance. It was super great! I needed some church clothes in a bad way. I ended up with 5 tops, 2 skirts, and a pair of pants!! Woot! Plus mom was buyin! WOOTAH! I am at my biggest that I have ever been, but at least I don't have to look frumptastic all the time. It was very telling when I wore shorts for the first time in ???and Dallin thought I was "naked" or when I tried on my skirts today and he thought I was "looking like a princess" . Leave it to kiddos to tell it how it is.
We had my birthday dinner at my mom's later
on. She made my very favorites (all from scratch)--chicken strips, potatoes n gravy, broccoli and cheese sauce....mmmmm. It is a VERY labor intensive meal and NO ONE can make it like mom can! Thanks mom :)
I even got a surprise gift from my family to open (Michael wrapped it in Merry Christmas
paper)--it was a sweet red sweater/jacket I saw at Ross and a cute plaque about daughters. It was so awesome.
Dallin was probably most excited about my cake. He was so stoked all day that it was my birthday because there would be cake. "Mommy, is it your birthday? Yay! It's mommy's birthday! Can I come to your birthday? Yay! Have cake and candles? Is that your cake? Is it ready? Is that your cake right there? Where are the candles?" He could hardly stand it. He DID manage to keep his fingers out of it since he was threatened with not getting any if he
touched it. It was a delicious orange angel food cake with orange glaze cake (again from SCRATCH...my grandmother's recipe...my mom ROCKS!!) It was all so delicious I totally pigged out and felt sick for a while...like Thanksgiving.
It was so wonderful to celebrate my actual birthday with my family. I don't know how long it has been since I have been able to do that. They pulled out all the stops to make me feel special, and I did. It was awesome! Thanks guys! You ROCK!
(PS-Christopher did not forget about me, he took me on a date on Wednesday night for my birthday! Yippee!! What a rockin' hot stud :)


3 comments:

csharpfamily said...

It was a fun day with lots of fun memories! You're welcome Valerie! I sure do love you! I fixed my computer and now all the words show up. Ta Da! Even a job that mom could do!

Scott & Annie said...

Happy Birthday! Look like you had fun, and your shorts are hot!

Tammy said...

Happy birthday Val!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was was sweet that we could be here for your party!