(Both kids are in the bath tub)
Dallin - (looks concerned at Kate) Kate, no have a penis.
Mom - That's right, Dallin. It's ok. She is not supposed to have a penis. She is a girl. Girls do not have a penis.
Dallin - Mom no have a penis? Mom a girl.
Mom - That is right, Dallin. Mom and Kate do not have a penis because we are girls.
Dallin - Dad have a penis? Dad a boy.
Mom - Yes, Dallin. Dad is a boy so he has a penis. You and dad are both boys. You both have a penis.
Dallin - Mom and Kate no have a penis?
Mom - Yes Dallin. That is right. We are girls.
Dallin - Oh. I have penis! I a boy!
Mom - Yes, Dallin that is right.
Various versions of this continued sporadically through bath time. We also had this discussion about a week ago when Dallin saw his dad get out of the shower and wanted to know what "that" was (he pointed...I'll leave it to the imagination) I am trying to take it seriously and answer his questions without making a big deal out of it (he is just barely 3 after all), but I know that someday very soon he will enlighten a crowd on his findings.
I am preparing myself to withstand the embarrassment.
As 2015 comes to a close...
10 years ago


1 comment:
hmm. no comment. but that was pretty funny. but no comment.
Post a Comment