Friday, October 3, 2008

Making Memories...........and cupcakes

Before I post Dallin's birthday pictures, I wanted to post these. The day before Dallin's party, I baked 40 cupcakes. My mom, Will, Tammy, and Maddie came over during nap time to help get ready for the party. Kate woke up early/never actually went to sleep and came down in time to "help" out. Nana immediately invited her up to help ice cupcakes. Kate was thrilled! It was really adorable to watch the two of them decorate cupcakes.


Nana would have Kate put out one finger and squirt a dob of frosting on it. Kate's eyes twinkled and she kept smiling and squealing with delight.









Kate kept leaning so far over the table that she was actually balancing on her belly with her little feet in the air. Nana would laugh and give her some more.


After all of the cupcakes were done, Nana let her have the spoon (more giggles erupted) and even put some sprinkles out for her to have.

While I was watching, I wanted to just freeze this moment forever. The way they were looking at each other, eyes sparkling, smiles on their face, and laughing together....it was a moment that you could see the bonding happening.




For me, it was like a dream come true. I always wanted that for my kids and it is happening right before my eyes. It was so beautiful. We ended the day with 40 iced and decorated cupcakes (which I am sure will be forgotten) and a beautiful memory for mother, daughter, and granddaughter.......which we will hold forever.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

so so cute! That was a precious moment!

Nathan and Shannon said...

That is so adorable!