Wednesday, January 21, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

Yep, this is another random information quest about me. I got tagged and so here is my answer

1. I have only ever kissed 1 man--and I married him
2. I LOVE water. I drink it all the time. I drink at least 12 glasses a day.
3. I do not love milk. It is disgusting. It is only good for cooking and to make the cereal wet (I do NOT drink the milk left in the bowl either---I know it's wasteful, but I just can't do it)
4. My house is almost always in a state of disorder because I am such a perfectionist. I know, it seems like a contradiction, but it is true. I am finding a lot of wisdom in the FLY Lady method.
5. It took 5 years to have my first child. I went to the dr thinking we had fertility problems only to have him tell me that I was already pregnant! Yes...I felt stupid.
6. My 2 children are 19 months apart because we thought it would take a long time to get pregnant again....it didn't.
7. I love to listen to country, soft rock, some alternative, and christian music. I know lots of the lyrics but I can't tell you who sings them.
8. I have only recently(within the past 6 months) begun wearing makeup on a daily basis--before that it was reserved only for Sundays.
9. I tend to be very hard on myself and feel very inadequate in groups of my peers, but apparently I come off as calm, cool, and collected. Maybe I should have been an actor! LOL
10. I eloped with my husband after deciding that we should go ahead and get married "right away" at a Hogi Yogi during lunch. We were married in the courthouse in Park City 4 hours later. I wore a purple dress because it was the only thing clean in the dryer. We will be married for 8 years Feb. 5
11. My husband and I were sealed for time and all eternity in the Mt. Timpanogos temple July 2005. I was 7 months pregnant with Dallin. It was the most spiritual experience of my life. The spirit was so strong and I just tried to drink it all in. I really felt the preparation was entirely worth it.
12. Although we lived in Utah where there was a temple every 10 minutes, we did not get back to the temple while we lived there (except for sealings or weddings of friends). Now we live in Texas where the nearest temple is 1 1/2 hours away and I am hoping that we can make it back this year.
13. I have to have my children via c-section because my body does not release the chemical to allow me to actually soften and efface to allow for childbirth, but I don't really know any different so I am not sure if it is harder or not.
14. My favorite job ever was working for Griffith's FoodTown in Coalville, Utah. It was truly like being part of a little family and I loved managing an 8 aisle complete grocery store. It really taught me a lot.
15. My favorite color is purple--I tend to go towards the lighter shades
16. I don't know when the last time was that I actually read an entire book or magazine. It intimidates me because it seems so daunting to finish that I usually don't even begin.
17. I love to dance. I have taken ballet and jazz and have never felt more graceful or free.
18. I can't watch scary movies even if I think I want to. It keeps me awake and scared to death for weeks on end. After I watched The Ring- I wouldn't go to the bathroom by myself because I had to pass the television set.
19. I have discovered that I really enjoy doing my daughter's hair artistically and accesorizing her bows. I am going to try my hand at bow making.
20. I don't have any regular tv stations or cable in my house right now--just movies and netflix. It is not because of a moral highground, it is just because I am unwilling to pay for it.
21. I was a blond when I was little.
22. I love seeing my kids grow and change, but I also pine for the babyhood they are leaving behind.
23. I love being a mom 99. 8% of the time.
24. I once shaved my head completely bald when I was 23ish. We are talking with a BIC razor.
25. I love having highlights in my hair, but I don't love paying for them so mostly I'm all natural!

7 comments:

csharpfamily said...

Yep! That's my girl. I remember all of these life changing events. You've really had a wonderful life. My favorite of all favorite's was being with you when you got sealed in the temple. It was awesome.

Pricilla said...

Wow, you have a very colorful past! That must be one of the best fertility doctors ever right???That is hilarious. I was the same way after I saw The Ring, but I was too embarrased to let my husband know how freaked I was because we were newlyweds.

Pricilla said...

btw, I tried the braid crown on Eden last week, it was really cute.

Kimberly said...

Oh, Valerie! What a great post! We have #1 in common. And lots other ones, of course. That's why we were meant to find each other in elementary school! How cool is that! You were a missionary when you were a kid! Your quota is filled, I think! Love you!
kim

Tammy said...

hahaha 99.8% of the time, that made me laugh. I loved reading this post! And I think its so romantic that your husband was your first kiss!

Unknown said...

OK, hold on - Valerie -you know Priscilla? She was in my ward in Elk Grove. How do you know each other?

I liked reading your list - WHY did you shave your head bald?

Scott & Annie said...

LOVE IT! I want pictures of the bald head!