Friday, January 23, 2009

Jesus, is that you?


So...there is actually a very innocent sweet story behind this before everyone gets all up in arms about any kind of irreverence.
My sister-in-law has been coming over about 3 nights a week to watch the kids while I go to work until Christopher gets home. The kids ADORE her and are doing so much better than I ever could have hoped with this transition. It has been fairly smooth, all things considered. She plays games with them, runs around outside, bakes cookies...all of the wonderful fun things that they love.
One day, she decided she wanted to do a Tae Bo workout video. She thought that she might be able to get away with it if the kids were involved and trying to do it too (for "fun"...do you remember when we thought exercise was "fun"?) So to try to explain it to the children before she turned it on, she said
"I am going to put in this video and there will be a man on there and he will be telling us what to do and we will do it!"
Dallin didn't miss a beat
"Is he Jesus?" he asked in a completely innocent and awestruck way.

LOL No, Dallin Billy Blanks is not Jesus.

On the plus side, isn't it wonderful that it is so simple to him that Jesus tells us to do something and we DO it...that's it.

6 comments:

Pricilla said...

Thats awesome. I just love the things kids say.

The Craig Sharp Family said...

Dallin is so precious and so innocent and has all the faith in the world. Life is pretty simple afterall. Thank you Dallin.

Tammy said...

Dallin is hilarious!

Rushell said...

Way to funny! A good story to tell him and his kids someday.

Unknown said...

Sooooo cute!

Sparkle Mama said...

I love that! Dallin is so great :) We should all be more like him.