Dear Dallin,This is a couple of days early. Your birthday is actually still 2 days away, but I wanted to make sure that I had this finished for you before your birthday celebrations begin tomorrow. I can't believe how the years have flown by and you are turning 4.
I remember what a surprise it was to find out that we were expecting you. We found out right before our 4th anniversary and I had you right after my 26th birthday. (Daddy used to say that you were my anniversary gift and my birthday gift all rolled into one. I would always tell him that he'd never be able to top that one...and I've been right) I remember waiting for you to come...it seemed like you'd never get here and then suddenly my life was never the same. You were born and I became a mother. I tell you all the time that I became a mother because of you and that I love being your mom. :)
I love the way you feel every emotion so completely and so deeply. You are happy with your whole self, angry with your whole self, excited with your whole self, sad with your whole self, and even "in love" with your whole self. It can be overwhelming sometimes for everyone (even you), but it also makes you so dear to me. I see you put it all out there and sometimes your little soul seems so tender and vulnerable.
I love the way you will use unusual phrases or walk in the room and act like such a big guy. "What's up?" "Is that cool?" "Jinkies!" "Hey daddy-o" "That's so sweet!" - these always make me giggle.
I love the way you LOVE clothes. It always makes me laugh that you get so excited about new shirts, pants, socks, underwear...it doesn't really matter, and that you can hardly wait to wear your new big boy suit. I love how you just sparkle in it because you feel like such a little stud (and, of course, you are!) I'll never forget the day you walked in and saw a pageant on tv...you told me you wanted to wear pretty clothes and be beautiful on the stage too. You are such a little ham, I'm sure you would win 'em all :)
I love the way you are starting to notice girls. Although you will almost never wear clothing around the house, when Shiloh (age 7) showed up, you shouted "oh no! I'm naked!" rushed off, put on your very best Mickey Mouse t shirt and proceeded to strut your stuff and act really chill "hey shiloh, what's up?" You are also currently very in love with "blonde Ava" and have already told me that "I love her, mom. I want to kiss her". I told you that when you are 4 years old and in love...you JUST HOLD HANDS! (That is the same advice I got at 5 :) You argued it for a bit explaining that you were a "BIG boy and want to give her a BIG kiss", but we finally saw eye to eye...I think. You asked me when you would be old enough for a girlfriend...the answer is 21. I think I told you 20 though...hey, I'm flexible!
I love how you are growing and maturing so much lately. I feel my preschooler slipping away and a little boy taking his place. The things you say, your logic, it is all changing so rapidly. You have also started to take more responsibility around the house. You love being my helper...and you REALLY do help! I am amazed at your level of competence at 4 years old. You can put away laundry, help wash clothes, clear the table, help load the dishwasher, wipe down the sinks, pick up your room, make your bed...and many other things I'm sure I am forgetting.
I love that you are becoming more and more affectionate. You were never a cuddler as a baby or toddler and you are becoming more and more so. You will come cuddle up by me and let me stroke your beautiful hair (I used to do that when you ate as a baby and you have loved it ever since) and sometimes you will look into my eyes with your big beautiful brown eyes and tell me how much you love me. It melts my heart. I love you too, Dallin....very very much. You have started telling me this more and more lately and thanking me for things I do for you. I love that, and I love you. I hope that you will always know that.
Here are some facts about you as you enter your 4th year:
Age: 4
Height: 42 inches (well....41 3/4....but who's counting...except Six Flags)
Weight: 50.6 pounds
Favorite Color: yellow
Favorite Food: Pepperoni Pizza or Tacos
Favorite Superhero: Spiderman
Favorite Show: Spiderman, Dino Squad, or Scooby Doo
Favorite Song: I Am a Child of God or Scooby Doo theme song
Favorite Thing to Do: Anything active, loud, and especially outside!
Things You Love: your family, saying the prayer, playing Spiderman or Scooby Doo, reading, playing soccerOther Fun Facts About Our Favorite Four Year Old:
*you are completely potty trained now...even at night!
*you love learning letters and numbers...you know over half of them
*you say that your name is "Dallin Christopher Dallin Kellogg" We have yet to convince you otherwise
*you spend an ungodly amount of time in your spiderman costume
*you make everyone put their hands in to do the SuperWhy cheer "Super Readers..to the Rescue!" It is funny when we are at Nana's house and the entire family will come running when it gets to that part of the show
*you pick on your little sister and she picks on you but you love her very much and are a good big brother--you will be embarrassed someday, but you LOVE to slow dance with your sister in the living room pretending that she is the princess and you are the handsome prince
*you insist on having your hair combed DOWN and not spiked up...even though combing it down with your double crown takes an act of congress (and A LOT of Got 2 Be Glued hair goop!)
*you love playing soccer with Papa as your coach...you especially like that you are allowed to call him Coach Craig!

*you are getting better and better at being a good boy in primary and maybe by the time you are baptized....mommy won't have to go with you anymore....maybe lol
*you are a master negotiator. you will even say "let's make a deal!" and tell me how you will say "ok" if I say no but you will say "oh thank you thank you!" if I say yes.
*you like to receive packages from grandma and grandpa, and you have started coloring pictures and mailing them to people. you think this is VERY special.
I love watching you grow and look forward to another big and changing year. I love you Dallin!
You and me Kid!
Love,
Mom


1 comment:
So many wonderful memories!!! Dallin is a remarkable young man. We all love him so very much! Happy Birthday to our fantastic four year old.
Post a Comment