I will have to re-date this post eventually for it to be correct....againOn Sunday, September 27, we celebrated Dallin's 4th birthday with all of the family that could be there. Nana ended up sick sick sick in her bedroom and Uncle Willie was out of town with business(this was the first birthday of either kid he has missed. :( and it still feels strange to talk about my younger brother traveling for "business" lol) Since we eat Sunday dinner together with the entire Sharp family every week, we usually pick the Sunday closest to each family member's birthday to celebrate. They get their favorite meal and they open all of the family presents. This helps with the kids too if they are having a friend party so that they don't have a million gifts to open from all their relatives and mommy/daddy. What can I say? My kids are VERY VERY loved. :)
We went to church and they sang the birthday song to Dallin. It was so cute because when they said "we only have one birthday this week....does anyone know..?" Dallin was already jumping out of his chair yelling "It's me!! It's Dallin!" He has been looking forward to this for so long. He got a small gift from the primary and a card and small gift from his teachers....he was sooo PROUD of it!
Then we went to Nana and Papa's house. Nana and Papa decorated the house with a Spidey birthday banner that Dallin was soooo very excited about. We had tacos for dinner. This and pizza are Dallin's absolute favorites. He can easily eat 5 large tacos if you let him (same goes with large slices of pizza!) Normally, I curb this tendency so he doesn't get too fluffy, but it was his birthday....and I think he ate at least 5 ginormous tacos!! LOL He was so very excited to open his presents this year and got lots of way cool stuff. Aunt Tammy and Uncle Willie gave him some cool Spidey stuff and a book with little cardboard tools that fit in it like a puzzle. He LOVES it and I am finding little hammers and saws all over the house...every day.....still.
Nana and Papa gave him some nice shirts, a GIANT bucket of moonsand, AND
Spidey underwear (yep...still cool to get underwear for your birthday in public when you are 4....I think it is only cool as an adult if it is from your significant other....in private....lol), and Spidey pjs.
Uncle Michael gave him the Tumble game (or Ker-plunk for us older folks).....so far this just means marbles....all over the house....but I am sure it will be a fun game soon.
Grandma and Grandpa Kellogg sent him a new yellow hippity hop that was his size! Yellow is his favorite color and he was soooo happy to have a hippity hop that he could bounce on again. His old one was now Kate-sized and it was just pathetic watching his upper thighs drag the ground when he tried to bounce on it. This one is rated up to 300 pounds....I haven't tried it yet....but I WILL :) Grandma and Grandpa also sent Kate a tea set for Dallin's birthday. Since the kids are so little, they like to give them each a gift on the birthdays. This definitely helps stop the water works and screaming by child no. 2 while child no. 1 opens ALL the presents. LOL Kate ADORES her tea set and carries it everywhere.
It is a rare priviledge if she will serve you tea and lets you TOUCH it. She mostly carries the entire set everywhere and shrieks at the top of her lungs if anyone looks at it. It is getting better now that she has had it for a month and she is finding it is more fun to have tea parties WITH guests. I even caught her serving tea to Spiderman one day. LOL They crack me up.
Grandma Faye sent Dallin an awesome Scooby Doo movie....Aloha Scooby Doo (with the Wiki-Tikis!) . It is one of Dallin's very favorites. She also sent Kate and Maddie videos as well! Yay for presents for the other kiddos to open! Kate got Wiggles videos and we sing and dance to those quite regularly! Thanks Grandma! Finally....we got Dallin a pretend electric guitar and his very own Woody doll. Woody is 16 inches tall and has a pull string so he can "talk". Dallin had been asking for one for months. At first I thought it was a passing "gimme", but he asked over and over....for weeks....and months....and stalked other children who had one. It only intesified when we happened upon a 99 cent Buzz Lightyear doll at Salvation Army and bought it for him a month or so before his birthday. Dallin was soooo excited when he got it and I don't think he let Woody out of his sight for several weeks. I loved seeing his face light up and hearing him gasp when he opened it. I knew we made the right choice for a birthday gift (plus we had to put an end to him asking people for a "woody"....we couldn't get him to add "doll" to save our lives) He is so precious when he gets so excited! The newness has worn off a bit, but Woody still has a place of honor in Dallin's room even if Dallin is not playing with him.
Then we went to Nana and Papa's house. Nana and Papa decorated the house with a Spidey birthday banner that Dallin was soooo very excited about. We had tacos for dinner. This and pizza are Dallin's absolute favorites. He can easily eat 5 large tacos if you let him (same goes with large slices of pizza!) Normally, I curb this tendency so he doesn't get too fluffy, but it was his birthday....and I think he ate at least 5 ginormous tacos!! LOL He was so very excited to open his presents this year and got lots of way cool stuff. Aunt Tammy and Uncle Willie gave him some cool Spidey stuff and a book with little cardboard tools that fit in it like a puzzle. He LOVES it and I am finding little hammers and saws all over the house...every day.....still.
Nana and Papa gave him some nice shirts, a GIANT bucket of moonsand, AND
Spidey underwear (yep...still cool to get underwear for your birthday in public when you are 4....I think it is only cool as an adult if it is from your significant other....in private....lol), and Spidey pjs.
Uncle Michael gave him the Tumble game (or Ker-plunk for us older folks).....so far this just means marbles....all over the house....but I am sure it will be a fun game soon.
Grandma and Grandpa Kellogg sent him a new yellow hippity hop that was his size! Yellow is his favorite color and he was soooo happy to have a hippity hop that he could bounce on again. His old one was now Kate-sized and it was just pathetic watching his upper thighs drag the ground when he tried to bounce on it. This one is rated up to 300 pounds....I haven't tried it yet....but I WILL :) Grandma and Grandpa also sent Kate a tea set for Dallin's birthday. Since the kids are so little, they like to give them each a gift on the birthdays. This definitely helps stop the water works and screaming by child no. 2 while child no. 1 opens ALL the presents. LOL Kate ADORES her tea set and carries it everywhere.
It is a rare priviledge if she will serve you tea and lets you TOUCH it. She mostly carries the entire set everywhere and shrieks at the top of her lungs if anyone looks at it. It is getting better now that she has had it for a month and she is finding it is more fun to have tea parties WITH guests. I even caught her serving tea to Spiderman one day. LOL They crack me up.
Grandma Faye sent Dallin an awesome Scooby Doo movie....Aloha Scooby Doo (with the Wiki-Tikis!) . It is one of Dallin's very favorites. She also sent Kate and Maddie videos as well! Yay for presents for the other kiddos to open! Kate got Wiggles videos and we sing and dance to those quite regularly! Thanks Grandma! Finally....we got Dallin a pretend electric guitar and his very own Woody doll. Woody is 16 inches tall and has a pull string so he can "talk". Dallin had been asking for one for months. At first I thought it was a passing "gimme", but he asked over and over....for weeks....and months....and stalked other children who had one. It only intesified when we happened upon a 99 cent Buzz Lightyear doll at Salvation Army and bought it for him a month or so before his birthday. Dallin was soooo excited when he got it and I don't think he let Woody out of his sight for several weeks. I loved seeing his face light up and hearing him gasp when he opened it. I knew we made the right choice for a birthday gift (plus we had to put an end to him asking people for a "woody"....we couldn't get him to add "doll" to save our lives) He is so precious when he gets so excited! The newness has worn off a bit, but Woody still has a place of honor in Dallin's room even if Dallin is not playing with him.Lastly, it was time for Dallin to blow out the candles. He could hardly contain himself to be sung to. Unfotunately, I did not have enough video left for the whole song, but still...it is very cute and we have it on the video camera edition :) He is old enough and has been to enough family birthdays that he totally knew the drill. So funny! He was stoked about his Spidey cake and made a wish.
He blew out all his candles and gobbled it all up!
It was a great time and a fun family night. We love our Dallin!
He blew out all his candles and gobbled it all up!


2 comments:
What a cute boy. Congratulations on having a 4 year old!
Awwww- I love his spiffy, handsome suit with vest! It is funny how Dallin and Emma are on opposite ends of the spectrum for 4 yr. olds as far as height, weight, etc.
Post a Comment