Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Carving Pumpkins

Why are we all in pajamas and lookin so crappy, but I'm still taking pictures? Because I had to document that we DID carve pumpkins this year in SPITE of the fact that we all ended up sick. I think we spent all day long huddled in a mass on the pullout couch. Good times! Dallin was relentless though in his pursuit of a carved pumpkin and we didn't feel we could deny him any longer. So we dove in. Christopher helped Dallin and I helped Kate. The top picture is Dallin showing me the face he wanted on his pumpkin. It was pretty funny when he kept pulling this face at Christopher and telling him "like this dad! like this!"
Here they are taking guts out of the pumpkin. They thought this was pretty disgusting so Christopher and I ended up doing most of it.

Kate thought it was so gross that she demanded a spoon and refused to keep touching it. Normally I try to toast the seeds and we make a whole evening of it.....but....we were just happy to get the pumpkins carved this year.



Here is what we ended up with. A scary face for Dallin and a Princess pumpkin WITH accesories for Kate. They were very impressed. We were just glad it got done at all! Good times!

2 comments:

csharpfamily said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!

Nathan and Shannon said...

I like your pumpkins! Dallin is so funny and the picture of Kate smiling with her spoon is so cute!