Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Yes....you read that correctly. It is Christmas Eve and I am wishing a Happy Thanksgiving. LOL Actually, I am just doing our Thanksgiving post. We had a wonderful one!
We were able to spend Christmas with Christopher's parents this year which was really fun. We went over and joined my entire family plust the missionaries who are staying with my parents. It was a huge group. I think we were up to 14 this year!
Grandma Kellogg made Kate and Maddie the cutest little pilgrim girl hats. They were REALLY darling.
Here is a view from the back. Also you can see Kate's totally awesome french braids I did (sort of...this was before the haircut)....and the rockin pumpkin bow I made her. She made them from a large sheet of white paper, some string, and a brad. Honestly, I think that woman could spin gold from straw. They were so cute and the girls loved wearing them (despite the fact Kate was looking onery in the picture....she was busy being jealous of Maddie...sigh). She had also brought some Thanksgiving party hats-a pilgrim boy one and a turkey/indian one. Dallin opted to wear the pilgrim boy one and looked just darling. Grandma found lots of ways to make things special!
We had a huge feast at Nana and Papa's house with everyone there. It was really cool to sit at the loooong table with so many people we loved and have such good food and company. Here is the view from one side of the table Here is the view from the other side of the table.
I had to laugh at my two very different children though. Dallin got the turkey leg and he just went after it like he had never seen food (anyone who has seen him eat knows this is not all that unusual...he also really loves chicken legs so he was in heaven) Anyways, here he is looking like a caveman and eating everything with his hands as fast as he can and Kate is sitting next to him...first insisting that she spread her napkin neatly underneath her place setting and then she ate very daintily with her silverware. It just cracks me up sometimes how they can be so different and be side by side. I went to take a picture of it....but Dallin got self conscious and decided to spread his napkin to....and use silverware....at least while the camera was out. LOL
After dinner, we enjoyed chatting and planning Black Friday shopping strategies, but the biggest event was when the kids went into the backyard and discovered........the new tire swing!!!! They were sooo excited and surprised. Papa had talked about getting one and they really wanted it bad! This one is super cute because it is shaped like a horse with stirrups and everything. The kids loved swinging and spinning. Honestly, I don't know how they walked a straight line and didn't throw up. They had a super fun time, and I just felt so happy just seeing the looks on their little faces. I was very thankful for such a wonderful family!

No comments: