You may not realize it, but you are looking into the face of a hardened criminal. Don't let those baby blues and adorable pouting lips fool you.Kate is goin down a bad road. She has committed a crime against the state at the tender age of 3(almost). The picture is proof positive. She's been caught red (well blue) handed.
Yep....Kate picked a bluebonnet...the state flower. A big no no in Texas.
Where were her parents (especially her native Texan mother who should have known better)? Well, apparently they went on a walk last week during nursery class at church while I was teaching my own class. That was when Kate committed this crime. You think your kids are out in the right places with the right people and BAM! a life of crime begins. LOLAfter church she came running up to me saying "Mommy! I picked a flower! See how beautiful!"
I think my look of horror kind of freaked her out a little. I gently told her how beautiful it was and that we don't pick those flowers because we want everyone to see them. Then we took our smooth criminal and her pilfered pansy home. Yep, we kept the flower. It really was beautiful, and she was so precious. Hopefully, they won't go to hard on her when these pictures surface. :)On a side note: the bluebonnets here are amazingly beautiful they just take my breath away. Everywhere there are fields of blue flowers all over. It looks like giant waving lakes of blue in the grass. People don't mow them here so they are growing all over the city. Austin is bathed in blue and I am loving it!


3 comments:
Ha ha! Love it! Dandelions are the only option around here!
well,my dear,I do believe most children in Texas have been enchanted with the state flower,as this native Texan grandmother was at about the same age. To my knowledge, they say nary a word about wallowing in them. Love ya to the moon and back,
Grandma Kellogg
I bet the teacher is probably a Texas Transplant and didn't know that picking these blue beauties is against the state law. Kate sure does make a cute criminal. I'd keep the evidence for her scrap book.
Post a Comment