Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Professional Soccer Pictures and Dallin's First Trophy


They did soccer pictures this fall and as team mom, I got a free package (yippee!). I was very excited to get his first soccer pictures. I still have mine from when I was in sports. I thought Dallin's turned out really good. Here is his whole little team.And, we sprung for the buddy shot (Dallin and his coach-Papa). I thought it would be meaningful. Also, I have one of these shots from when I played baseball with my dad coaching. It was a good shot. I think my dad looks incredibly happy. We had a planned a little team party at McDonalds after the last game. Well, the game was rained out...but we still met to celebrate the season and hand out the trophies to all our little players. Dallin was soooo funny. All of the trophies were EXACTLY the same. No personalization or anything, but he looked in the trophy box and picked out "his" trophy. He was adament that one was his. When they were handing out trophies, I kept picturing them handing another kid the one he had picked and him flipping out. We laughed because he was soooo serious and they were ALL THE SAME, but apparently it was important to him and he took the matter very seriously. He was so excited to get his trophy that he could hardly stand it. Kate was running around the playground and while looking the other way ran right into a padded pole so hard with her head that she fell over and looked like thisYou can't really tell how bad it was in the picture. It made a HUGE gooseegg and a really nasty bruise that didn't go away for weeks......sigh....oh coordination...where are you?
We got a couple of shots of the team before the trophies were handed out. Here they are doing their very favorite pose--the superman pose. They would do this at games and practices to pump themselves up and to remember not to use their hands. It was HILARIOUS! I think the other team was always surprised when they saw THIS at the kickoff! Finally, it was time for trophies. Here is Dallin showing me his trophy. They handed him "the wrong one" at first, but don't worry.....he corrected them LOL Yep, he got THE trophy he picked out. How he could tell the difference was beyond me, but he was happy he got the one he wanted. Here is the whole team with their trophies. This was the first trophy for most of these kids so they were VERY proud (despite the fact they would have gotten one for just breathing...lol) As team mom, I coordinated for all of the parents to pitch in so that we could get a nice plaque for each of our coaches as a gift. The plaques turned out really nice and the coaches seemed to really appreciate them. Too bad the YMCA didn't tell us they were doing plaques for all the coaches too! (Oh well...ours was waaaay better and bigger...that should count for something)
Here is the coaches shaking hands. We really enjoyed Coach Matt and will sure miss him this season. He has split off with another dad to coach their own team this winter. We are excited to play another season and I am sure Dallin will "bring it"! Go Dallin!

1 comment:

csharpfamily said...

What a great celebration!!! It was so fun to see the kids get so excited and Craig too. LOL. How fun!